Sexual Health Education for Youth with Support Needs (Grade 8+)
For: all early childhood educators, parents/teacher of school-aged children & youth, social workers, grandparents raising grandchildren and ANYONE who works with or cares for children with special needs.
In this workshop you will learn about…
- What is sexuality?
- The Circles of Sexuality
- Messaging directed towards youth with special needs
- Why teach sexual health education to teens with special needs?
- Risk factors
- Teaching to chronological age as opposed to cognitive age.
- What teens need to know and when
- Modifying sexuality topics
- Delivery methods
- Resources, books, Apps, etc.