Sexual Health Education for Children with Support Needs (K-7)
For: all early childhood educators, parents/teacher of children in K-Grade 7 (ages 4-13), social workers, grandparents raising grandchildren and ANYONE who works with or cares for children with special needs.
In this workshop you will learn about…
- What is sexuality?
- Why teach sexual health education early?
- Why teach sexual health education to children with special needs?
- Why children with special needs are at greater risks of sexual abuse
- Other risk factors
- What children need to know and when
- Why we need to be proactive rather than reactive
- Modifying sexuality topics
- Delivery methods
- Resources, books, Apps, etc.